Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Amitabh celebrates his Rebirth



Very few know that Amitabh Bachchan celebrates his birthday twice in a year. Confused? Big B whose real birthday is on October 11 celebrated his birthday yesterday. Still confused? Let us explain. This was the day when Amitabh recovered from a fatal accident which happened during the shoot of Coolie in 1982.

Since 1982, the Bachchan family celebrates the day as his second birthday. Revealing the secret of his rebirth Amitabh Bachchan says, “August 2nd of every year after 1982, wishes me happy re-birthday! I was clinically dead after ' Coolie ' accident in hospital. So my family wishes me Happy Birthday on this day!”

Amitabh takes this opportunity to thank the doctors and his fans who played a major role in saving his life. “Thank you Docs at Breach Candy and thank you the people of my country, people from other countries, people I did not even know your prayers saved me. This is a debt that I carry to my grave, for it is one that I shall never be able to repay - the affection, penance and prayers from all,” says Amitabh, who is London currently.

Now 28 years later, when he reminisces the day, he thanks all his fans for praying for him. Touched by the love and affection of his fans Amitabh says, “I do not know what I did to deserve this love. But I shall never fail in trying to live up to the expectations that gave me such love.”



More Hot News

Aamir's Natha adores Deepika not Katrina

Pankaj Kapur makes Sonam Kapoor Cry

No comments:

Post a Comment