Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Item girl Liza Malik claims she got call to fix IPL matches

Mumbai:  Item girl Liza Malik, best known for her proposal to a cricket player on the reality show Dancing Queen, has found herself figuring on the radar of international bookmakers. 

A UK-based bookie, who calls himself Razaaq aka Razz, has been calling Malik asking her to use her alleged familiarity with Indian cricketers to help him fix matches in the on-going edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). She has been offered Rs 50 lakh for the job.

Liza, who is also a stage performer, has done several shows that were attended by cricketers playing in the IPL and for Team India. She was also a regular at the IPL post-match parties last year.
    
"I was in Thailand last week when the calls started pouring in from unknown international numbers. The caller said he knew that I was close to couple of cricketers and asked me to arrange for him to speak to them," said Malik. 

"He offered me Rs 50 lakh if I could get the cricketers to play as per his 'equations'. I told him that I am a mere performer and am not acquainted with cricketers, but he kept emphasising on the Bhajji controversy. 

After I got a little rude with the man, he threatened me with dire consequences if I did not do his bidding. It seems he has been tracking me. He knew where I lived, knew about my family and even knew that I was in Thailand then," she added.

Petrified, Liza approached the Oshiwara police station on returning to the city yesterday and registered a complaint against the caller.
 
"A non-cognizable complaint has been registered against an unknown person under Section 307 (issuing threats through phone calls) of the IPC. 

We have asked her to approach us if she gets a call from the person again and we will register an FIR then," said a senior official of the Oshiwara police station.




News from : NDTV.COM


Liza Malik Hot and Spicy Photos Click Here

1 comment: