Thursday, May 19, 2011

Big Mac attack: US man eats record 25,000th burger


Don Gorske has been eating two burgers a day for years

A retired prison guard in the US has eaten his 25,000th Big Mac.

It has been 39 years to the day since Don Gorske ate his first nine.

At a ceremony in his honour at a McDonald's in his hometown of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, he said he would continue to eat Big Macs "until I die".

Mr Gorske, 57, appeared in the 2004 documentary film Super Size Me, which looks at the impact of a daily diet of McDonald's food. He is thin and his cholesterol is said to be low.

"When I was 19 years old I had eaten my first 1,000 Big Macs and I was kind of like, I thought how long before I hit 10,000?" he said before eating the world record 25,000th burger on Tuesday.

"Then it was like boy, by the time I hit 25,000 I will be old and retired. Well wouldn't you know, I'm not super old, I am 50-something, but I am retired and stuff, but you don't dream of living so long as to reach a milestone like that."

Blender burger?

Mr Gorske says he eats a Big Mac in 16 bites and keeps track of his consumption on calendars.
Every week he buys six on Monday and eight on Thursday and keeps them in his fridge or freezer until he is ready to eat them, he says.

He said his wife told him the end will come "when she has to put them in a blender".
Doctors have said they do not recommend Mr Gorske's diet.

Look Here For Video

No comments:

Post a Comment