Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 21st is the end of the world

May 21, 2011 may be Judgment Day and the beginning of the end of the world.
Reverend Harold Camping, founder of Family Radio Worldwide, has a number of followers who believe his prediction that the Rapture — the belief that Christ will bring the faithful into paradise prior to a period of tribulation on earth that precedes the end of time — will be this Saturday.

"Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment," Camping said. The 89-year-old retired civil engineer also predicted the apocalypse in 1994, but now claims that was merely the end of "the church age."
His new theory suggests that earthquakes will hit Fiji and New Zealand at 6 p.m. Saturday and the second coming of Christ will immediately follow. The actual end of the world, Camping says, will be completed five months later on October 21, 2011.
If it is the end of the world, what would you do on your last night? Followers are warning people the end is near, doing everything they can to save them. Many worry about looting, while others are planning "rapture parties."
    Here's how local Twitter and Facebook users said they'd spend their last night in CNY:
  • @shue_box: Eating dinner at Dinosaur and then going downtown to get bombed.

  • @Mitch_M: Ichiban, ultimate chocolate cake from @Wegmans with a Friendly's peanut butter chocolate sundae. Isn't that a shame?

  • @dagsly: Is it apocalypse, or just the rapture? I need to know what to prepare for. If it's the rapture, I'm spending the night scouting good about-to-be-abandoned housing.

  • @SYRDT: Nachos, Craft beer, Nerf Gun war with my son and my fav girl! (not necessarily in that order)

  • Tim Bennett: Watching the NASCAR Race.

  • @sjvelasquez: If I were in CNY for the rapture, I'd put my effort into getting out of CNY... I'm sure the lingering steel plant chemicals will create an impenetrable orb around Western New York.

  • Shelly Lewis: lol, NOT in CNY!! On a beach somewhere warm.

  • Stay-C Colvin Miller: At my baby shower with all my close family and friends...which is exactly where I will be :)

  • @abrosenthal: I'd walk alone in Thornden Park at 11:59pm so I could see the look on the thugs' faces when the world ends just as they rob me.

  • Jules Jenners: How about not in CNY? Tahiti.

  • @mrs_jade315: if I had 1 night left i would eat at the Dominican spot on westcott, go for a ride on rt 20, and get drunk at the Clinton St Pub

  • Francis Lee: Slaughtering zombies, as the CDC recommended.

  • @maddieMRL: I would hang outside in the warm weather at Syracuse Suds drinking an Empire Brewery Pale Ale.






So if the world ends May 21, how would you spend your last night? Leave a comment below.



Visitor search by:

  • end of the world may 21st
  • world ending may 21st
  • may 21st end of the world
  • earth ending
  • THE WORLD END THIS SAT 21 2011
  • may 21st end of the world?
  • end of the world sat may 21
  • wold end saturday
  • what time is the meter suppost to pass the earth sat the 21st of may 2011
  • the world ending sat 21

No comments:

Post a Comment